- “The Voting Gene: when it comes to complex behaviors, gene variants don’t count for much,” Scientific American. Nov 2012. http://www.nature.com/scientificamerican/journal/v307/n5/full/scientificamerican1112-14.html
- “The Ethics of Competition” in the Harvard Ethics Center Research in Action Blog: http://ethics.harvard.edu/lab/featured/239-william-english-the-ethics-of-competition August, 2012.
- “Can Neuroscience Tell Us Anything About Virtue?” review of The Social Animal: The Hidden Sources of Love, Character, and Achievement by David Books in Public Discourse, Sept 23, 2011.
- “Still Awaiting Redemption” review of Redeeming Economics: Rediscovering the Missing Element by John D. Mueller in The Intercollegiate Review, Spring 2011 (p.57-60).
- “Illiberal Arguments” Review of James Kalb’s The Tyranny of Liberalism (invited as part of a larger symposium) in First Principles May 13, 2009.
- “What has Athens to do with Jerusalem? Political Philosophy and the Christian Church” Religio Volume 2 Issue 1, Spring 2008 (p.10-13) (campus journal)